Following injury or illness, coping with persisting pain can be one of the biggest challenges that you face. Everybody experiences pain differently, and pain that persists can have a wide range of different causes. At Royal West Medical Clinic, our Pain Management service is designed to gain an understanding of your situation and your needs, and to help you take back control of the things that are important to you.
What can you expect from our service?
Our approach to delivering services is to assist clients achieve their goals and optimize their wellbeing. We take a natural, proactive and understanding approach to our service delivery. We utilize our expertise and with you at the centre as a team to support your recovery and management of your condition and achieve your wellbeing goals.
Our pain management program is a holistic integrated and multidisciplinary service with access to a range of different expert health professionals. The type of professionals involved in your care, and the length of the service will depend on your needs.
The professionals that may be involved in your program include:
- Medical Doctors specializing in Pain Management and Occupational Medicine
- Occupational therapists,
- Clinical Pharmacists and Community Pharmacists
- Social Workers
- and other qualified health practitioners.
The program that we provide is structured in the following steps:
- Understanding your needs : The first part of your program will include some questionnaires, and a face to face assessment. The purpose of this is to get a comprehensive understanding of your current status and your needs.
- Making a plan : After the assessment you will work with your provider(s) to make a plan. The object of the plan is to decide on what you need in order to reduce the impact of pain in your daily life. Once we have finalized a plan we can begin work on achieving your goals.
- The Service : The services that you will be involved in will depend on your needs. This may include health and wellbeing based education, exercise, strategies to help you improve your pain levels and the way pain impacts you, a review of which medication works best for you and other services depending on your needs.